I'm mailing on behalf of my colleagues working with our stroke patients.
Our stroke unit is full, there are outlyers everywhere and so they are having to cover them everywhere also - with a staffing level based on that of the stroke unit.
Has anyone done any particular work looking at staffing levels particularly in relation to strokes. We've done joyce Williams courses etc but are looking for something a little bit more specific to this area. Any research, audit or caseload recommendations would be particularly useful for us to use as bids for increasing staffing nos. especially as we are starting on work to do with our hospital site becoming an orthopaedic and rehab site.

Thanks

Alison

Alison Dakin
Leicester General