Apologies for belated reply to your question, but accessing notes and archival material from the Consilium's deliberations takes a bit of doing, and one is not always successful. So I asked a friend who has a contact with access to find out what he could on your question and FWIW he has sent along a reply that it was a simple matter of moving it back one day to the date of her death, always the first choice --though often not the final one-- for assigning a feast date to any saint. If that's correct, then it raises an obvious question of when/how/why it moved forward a day to 12 August? Had a look at the usual suspects, but the _inventio_ (finding of body/opening tomb) is 23 Sept, first _translatio_ is 3 Oct, solemn _translatio_ is 29 Sept, so none of these are to blame. Perhaps some conflict on 11 August in universal or particular calendar? Was there debate or uncertainty about the date of her death at some point? Vivario had some thoughts to share on this as well; perhaps they will shed some more light on the matter.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: John Wickstrom
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 9:55 PM
  Subject: RE: FEAST 11 August

  As so often happens these days, the culprit is not Carolyn, but Vatican II, which moved Clare from her venerable day on August 12 to the day before. Carolyn is using, properly for this list, a source that uses pre-Vat. II calendars. So _my_ question, as in other instances is...does any learned member of the list know why Martimort et al decided to move Poor Clare?
  jw