>>> Diane Auslander >>>
I am entering the fray at this
particular moment out of curiosity as to where Jonathan Gilbert found Eunan
and a variant of Adamnan.  I have spent some time with the early Irish
saints
- mainly Brigit, I confess, but I have dabbled a bit in Patrick, Columba
and,
by association, Adamnan - and I have never come across it.  Where does it
appear?
<<<

In this instance, they appeared in one of Carolyn Muessig's regular
postings of the saints celebrated on each day -- specifically, the posting
for Sept. 23.  The names piqued my curiosity and so I asked ...

Since Ms. Muessig has mentioned that the usual source for her information
on daily saints is Butler's "Lives of the Saints" that's presumably one
place where the names Adamnan and Eunan can be found.

I should probably admit once again that I am a "lay" reader of this list in
all possible senses (well, I'm an early-music student; there's arguably
some relationship between the fields) and have very little right to post,
as far as that goes.  Hence I generally maintain a respectful silence as
well.

Jonathan Gilbert