"H.M.Jarvis" wrote:

> Can anyone suggest a source for early, large-scale Ordnance Survey
> maps? Perhaps second-hand dealers or reprint services. I would like
> to obtain some for Canterbury to fill some unfortunate gaps in our
> collection.

The National Library of Scotland often provides photocopies of
out-of-copyright OS maps (up to A0 size) for libraries and archives to fill
gaps in their collections.   As photocopy paper is rather too fragile for
regular public use, we can reinforce by laminating (on the face of the map),
or backing with Area Bonded Fibre, or as a cheaper option, the photocopies
can be made on opaque or tracing drawing film (not suitable for folding).

Costs (including VAT) are:
A0 photocopy on paper £5.05
A0 photocopy on drawing film £12.22
A0 paper photocopy with ABF backing £12.98
A0 paper photocopy with lamination £14.75

Depending on quantities there might be a small handling charge (up to 90p per
sheet).
Postage/packing are extra.
If you wish to make further copies for your users there may also be a
reproduction permission fee.

Our holdings of English OS maps are quite good, but incomplete, so we would
need to check to see if we had your missing maps.  We can provide samples and
a fuller price-list on request.

Apologies to lis-maps for the sales pitch!

Diana Webster

Diana Webster
Head of Map Library
National Library of Scotland

Email  [log in to unmask]                         33 Salisbury Place
Tel 0131-226 4531 x 3411                      Edinburgh EH9 1SL
Fax 0131-466 3812                                  Scotland, UK