Dear Messrs David Thomas and Peter Godwin (and, of course, to any Lis-maps
subscribers who might find the information of use...),

Although I bought my personal copy, but haven't looked at it recently, is
there not some sort of union listing in the following? ('Imago Mundi
Bibliography' item no. 99:51(238)):-

British directories : a bibliography and guide to directories published in
England and Wales (1850-1950) and Scotland (1773-1950) / Gareth Shaw and
Allison Tipper. - 2nd ed. - London : Mansell, 1997. - Notes & refs :
p.52-61. - Especially on maps in Kelly's directories. - ISBN 0-7201-2329-1

If I am factually wrong, then either the p.52-61 section in Shaw & Tipper -
or someone else - will be able to provide a 'Corrigendum'.  I do know that
such a union listing has been published.

Francis [Herbert]
http://www.rgs.org