Please unsubscribe me from this list serve.

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
acunningham
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 3:22 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: transgender and disability

Laurence wrote>
> Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that transgender or pansexual are more
> recent terms for transexual.  This refers to people who identify as and
> live their lives as a different gender than their biological sex would
> suggest.
This seems that it would cover many people, at least to some degree, (maybe
that is the point?) because of gender roles being so restricting. Many
lesbians, for example, will definately not conform to "gender" role of
women...but will definately take joy, pride and pleasure in "being" women.
Surely one's sex is more than just a gender role?
Laurence writes.(of male-female transexual)
.< In fact i would suggest that they may indeed see their male body
 as an impaired body.>
This seems sense to me. So, therefore, it is not enough for some people to
just adopt certain or all aspects of a different gender...it is the actual
body which feels it does not fit.(rather than the gender?)