VITIS IN UK POLLEN DIAGRAMS:A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION

As part of a study to investigate the taphonomy of Vitis
pollen by trap data and soil surface analyses, we would
like to gather as much information on the occurrence of
Vitis from other depositional settings and time periods.
If you have encountered Vitis pollen during routine pollen
analysis, we would welcome  information on the following:

-Site location,
-estimated date of the horizon/level,
-nature of sediment,
-number of grains found and % abundance of Vitis in the
sample.

This research, which is funded by the Leverhulme Trust, is
being undertaken in the School of Geography & Archaeology
at the University of Exeter by Dr S. D. Turner and Prof. A.
G. Brown. It forms part of a larger project involving the
recent discovery and excavation of remains of Roman
vineyards in the UK.

Please e-mail details to: Dr. Simon Turner
(e-mail: [log in to unmask])

Your help will be greatly appreciated and acknowledged.

Dr. Simon Turner

School of Geography & Archaeology
University of Exeter
Exeter EX4 4RJ
UNITED KINGDOM

Tel: +44 (0)1392 263912 (office)/ 263343 (microscope lab))
Fax: +44 (0)1392 263342
e-mail: [log in to unmask]