Dear Tim,

               I have to say that I do tend to agree with you, although the
list is here for healthcare professionals to exchange and discuss views with
regards to situations involving Emergency Medicine etc. I feel that some of the
recent topics involving discussions about fuel are relevant to this list, as
they are related to the way we need to try and operate in and around our
profession, but I do have to agree that some of the topics are turning this
into a "general chat" notice board.

   I recently had three Emergency Doctors from Romania staying with me, and
throughout the duration of their stay they were most keen to read and review
the information that it being passed around this list. They did also comment on
the amount of "non relevant" information that was being passed around, but did
leave saying that they are planning on starting a list similar to this in
Romania. All in all, it's not that bad, and besides, the list can only be a
good as it's members...

G Jackson
Manchester