Here are the quotations for the coming week, August 27th to September 2nd.
They are all to do with journeys.

1. …Three bold and experienced men - cool, confident, and dry when they
began; white, quivering, and wet when they finished their trick at those
terrible wheels - swung her over the great lift from Albuquerque to
Glorietta and beyond Springer, up and up to the Raton Tunnel on the State
line, whence they dropped rocking into La Junta, had sight of the Arkansaw,
and tore down the long slope to Dodge City ...

2. He scratched with a twig on the earth. 'Look ! They should have come in
by Srinagar or Abbotabad. Thatt is their short road - down the rive by Bunji
and Astor. But they have made mischief in the West. So ' - he drew a furrow
from left to right - 'they march and they march away East to Leh (ah! it is
cold there) and down the Indus to Hanle … and then down, you see, to Bushahr
and Chini valley…

3. We took the old war trail from the end of the Lake along the East
Susquehanna through the Nantego country, right down to Fort Shamokin on the
Senachse river. We crossed the Juniata by Fort Granville, got into
Shippensberg over the hills by the Ochwick trail, and then to Williams
Ferry … across the Shanedore, over the Blue Mountains, through Ashby's Gap,
and so south-east by south from there, till we found the President at the
back of his own plantations...

Last week's rather sombre quotations were all from 'Life's Handicap':

1.  'Little Tobrah'
2. 'Through the fire'
3. 'At the end of the passage'

Best regards to all, John R