Nick, I think I can help.

I am assuming your curapulse is the 419 model as this seems to be the most
popular.  Unlike the megapulse the curapulse has a fixed pulse width of
400microseconds, hence no pulse width dial.  The dial on the left (frequency)
controls the number of pulses per second. The dial on the right 1-10 (power)
controls the wattage.  To find the wattage multiply the number on the dial by
100W.

To work out your mean power you would mutliply your power setting (remember
to multiply the number on the dial by 100W) by the total "ON" period.
To calculate the ON period (as each pulse is 400microseconds) multiply your
frequency setting by 0.004.

Eg.
Power setting 3; Frequency 200 = 300x200x.0004 = 24W Mean Power.

You can get more information from the following address:

Before you do though are you sure your results are down to the effect of the
megapulse?  Did you know that in America medicare will not pay for pulsed
shortwave treatment, I presume because of the lack of evidence it works.

Hope this helps

Stewart Harrison
Physiotherapist
UK