Dear Dr Sood

I can understand your concerns! The steroid if quite likely to have scarred
the connective tissues preventing the individual fasciculi from sliding past
each other. The use of TENS may be useful for pain relief. Also direct
mobilisation of the nerve at the injection site or any other superficial
points (e.g. common peroneal at the fibular head or tibial in the popliteal
fossa). Also to mobilise the nerve longitudinally using graded techniques
incorporating the SLR or Slump positions. Lastly to mobilise and ensure
adequate length in all possible nerve interfaces such as the piriformis
muscle and soleus muscle. Basically making life as easy as possible for the
nerve, to aide it's recovery.

I hope this is helpful.

Ann McCarthy
MPhtySt(Sports), MCSP, SRP