Cohen's 'The Friars and the Jews' is a must.

I would add: Anna Sapir Abulafia 'Christians and Jews in the twelfth-century
Humanism', London 1995. The central idea of the book is the correspondence
between the emergence of a Christian humanism in the 12th century and the
dehumanization of non-Christians: they become demons or animals.

Jonathan Elukin from Trinity College, Hartford CT is working on a
comprehensive history of Christian-Jewish relations in medieval Europe. He
wants to put into question the emphasis on persecution as the central
characteristic of those relations. An abstract can be found at:
http://www.trincoll.edu/comm/facresearch/pplelukin.html

Harm Goris
postdoc systematic theology
Katholieke Theologische Universiteit