I, too, would be most interested in evidence of any sort of scandinavian
activity at lincoln (it being a place with which a couple 12th c. icelandic
bishops are associated.) subject to correction from the lists norwegian
members, i believe that there is strong english influence on norwegian
architecture, in which case the said builders are part of a larger
picture.

> On a recent, and first visit to look at the medieval glass in Lincoln Cathedral, I was told by one of those always knowledgeable and helpful local guides that when St Hugh's Choir (b.1191) was built a number of Norwegians worked on the structure and vau
> Does any learned member of the list know anything about these Norwegian builders and what work they did and can anyone suggest a documentary source about their participatio

Margaret
Cormack			[log in to unmask]
Dept. of Philosophy and Religion	fax: 843-953-6388
College of Charleston			tel: 843-953-8033
Charleston, SC 29424-0001