I have a dataset with repeat measurements of quality of life for patients
with atopic dermatitis. We have looked at the effect of treatment versus
placebo on relapse rate.

We suspect that quality of life measurements are influenced by duration of
treatment.  Our hypothesis is that when patients receive a new treatment
their QOL score improves, partly through improved effectiveness and partly
as a result of expectations of the new treatment. As time goes by, QOL
scores will tend to decrease because their high expectations of the new
treatment are decreased.

If anyone has done any research in this area, I would be very grateful if
you would get in touch with me.

Many thanks
Sarah Payne
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8966 2595