[log in to unmask] writes:

> "In surveys, Americans,  Canadians and Australians are 50% more
>  worried then British peolpe about affording medical care if they
>  become seriously ill."
>  Where is the evidence for this statement:  references please. Are
>  there recognized and reliable scales for measuring anxiety about
>  "affording health care"  which have been validated in these
>  populations?

Greetings,
   I do not have the reference, but with 45 million out of 260 million
Americans having no health insurance coverage, and no apparent political will
to seriously address the problem, it must be true that Americans are much
more worried than British people (where all have health coverage).

Cheers and Best Wishes,
Brian
Brian Budenholzer, MD
Director, Clinical Enhancement & Development
AC18
Group Health Cooperative; Network Services Division
PO Box 204
Spokane, WA  99210-0204
USA

509/ 838-9100 X 7393