Apologies for cross-posting.

We have recently received a request to refer someone for Buteyko treatment/therapy for asthma.

I have done a quick search on Medline on this topic and came up with only 3 references - all relating to a study in Australia.  A search on the internet through up hundreds of pages, mainly background information to Buteyko and where you can get it.

Is there any evidence for this treatment/therapy for asthma?  Does anyone know of any systematic review of Buteyko?

Many thanks.

Alison Cowie
Clinical Effectiveness Co-ordinator
Fife Health Board