Message text written by INTERNET:[log in to unmask]
>Finding a supervisor at this level is very hard - there may be one or two
people within A&E who might manage to supervise a student at this level
(not me!!!). Who you pick as a supervisor for a thesis (PhD, MD or MS) is
very important. The key question to ask is "How many successful students
have you supervised at this level
in the last 5 years?".

What advice to others give to trainees wanting to do 'research'?

Tim.<

>From somebody who is planning to spend time in a research post, I am
currently in discussion with the "great and good" in the area to set up a
plan of campaign. It is however quite plain that there is no substantial
A+E academic record in my region as yet (this is changing - but too slowly
to affect my time).

Where do the relative "experts" (Yes, Tim, I consider you to be one of
these  :-)  ) consider to have an Academic Record in Emergency Medicine?

Darren Walter