Hi....

I am a PhD student at Cardiff Business School, in the 2nd year of my PhD.
 Whilst compiling the initial draft of my Methodology chapter I have come
across a number of journal articles that are in favour of the use of
NUD*ISTor similar programmes for the analysis of qualitative data.
However, the nature of the PhD being as it is, I also need to consider the
opposing view, and wondered whether members of this list were aware of
journal articles or other publications that come down against the use of
such software for the analysis of qualitative data.

If anyone has any sources, I would be most grateful for them.  Perhaps it
would be better to Email them to me directly at: [log in to unmask], rather
than 'cluttering up' the list with messages that are of little interest to most
subscribers.  I realise that this is a bit cheeky, but I have looked around the
usual sources, and , quite naturally, most publications expound on
researcher's good experiences of qualitative analysis software.

thanks for your help......

Steve Leybourne