From: Paul Gilman AAG Manager ES [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 24 July 2000 11:02
To: 'SMR Forum'
Subject: Events and Numbering

In coming to terms with the event-source-monument model in Essex we are
trying to decide how best to reference events and whether this should be by
a unique numbering system or whether a system-generated number, as is done
in the Exegesis system, is sufficient. We would be very interested to hear
how other SMRs are tackling this issue,

Paul Gilman
Heritage Information and Records Manager
Essex County Council

The views and comments expressed in this email are confidential
to the recipients and should not be passed on to others without
permission. This email message does not necessarily express the
views of Bath & North East Somerset Council and should be
considered personal unless there is a specific statement to the
contrary.

swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.