The latest iHEA newsletter is available on the www site below, under
the 'publications' link.

From:          David Bradford <[log in to unmask]>

                              N E W S

||||||||||||         Volume  5, Number  6,  June 2000         |||||||||||

A publication of the INTERNATIONAL HEALTH ECONOMICS ASSOCIATION (iHEA)

**** Back issues of iHEA NEWS are archived on the iHEA WWW homepage: ****
****               < http://www.healtheconomics.org>                 ****

                          EDITORIAL BOARD

   W. David Bradford, Ph.D.
          Center for Health Care Research, Medical University of
          South Carolina
   Jim Burgess, Ph.D.
          Management Science Group, Department of Veterans Affairs

                        NOTES TO CONTRIBUTORS

   The editors must hear from you so that iHEA NEWS can effectively
   serve
as a medium of communication for iHEA members.  We are soliciting
contributions from all members who have information relevant to the
membership at large. There are a number of specific items we are
seeking:

* Announcement of job openings;
* Announcement of conferences or seminars in health economics;
* Calls for papers by journals and book editors;
* Announcements of new appointments and promotions;
* Articles describing activities or new initiatives at your
institution, Center or firm (perhaps describing your departmental or
university programs in health economics, discussing new pedagogical
tools used in health economics education, describing new governmental
policy initiatives or programs, and so forth).

    Please send any contributions via e-mail to the editors:  W. David
Bradford <[log in to unmask]> or James Burgess <[log in to unmask]>.

|||||||||||||||          Contents for the Issue          |||||||||||||||||

     FEATURE ARTICLES

          ANNOUNCING iHEA 2001 - THE ECONOMICS OF HEALTH: WITHIN
               AND BEYOND HEALTH CARE
          INSTITUTE OF HEALTH ECONOMICS

     iHEA AND GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

          TRAINING IN HEALTH ECONOMICS AT A DISTANCE
          MRC DISCIPLINE HOPPING AWARDS
          MASTER OF INTERNATIONAL HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT,
               ECONOMICS AND POLICY
          IFS HEALTH ECONOMICS SEMINAR

     JOBS

          ABT ASSOCIATES, INC.
          ABT ASSOCIATES, INC.
          AMERICAN COLLEGE OF RADIOLOGY
          BENCH INTERNATIONAL
          CATALYST, HEALTH ECONOMICS CONSULTANTS LTD
          ECONOMISTS ADVISORY GROUP
          FOURTH HURDLE CONSULTING, LTD.
          MERCK & CO.
          UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
          NEW YORK STATE WAYS AND MEANS COMMITTEE
          PHARMACIA CORPORATION, JAPAN
          ROCHE PRODUCTS, LTD.
          UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
          WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION

     CALLS FOR PAPERS

          INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF HEALTH CARE FINANCE
               AND ECONOMICS
          2ND CONFERENCE OF FRENCH HEALTH ECONOMISTS

     CONFERENCES

          11TH ANNUAL HEALTH ECONOMICS CONFERENCE
          20TH MEETING OF THE SPANISH HEALTH ECONOMICS ASSOCIATION

     FORTHCOMING ARTICLES

           JOURNAL OF HEALTH ECONOMICS, Vol. 19, No. 4

     SUBSCRIPTION AND MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION