(Apologies for cross-posting)

The 24th Pupil Colloquium will be held in the USA next year, and it will
run from Friday September 7th to Tuesday Sept 11th 2001.
The venue will be the Asilomar Conference Center, located on the Monterey
Peninsula - which forms part of the beautiful Pacific Coastline of Califonia.

The Pupil Colloquium has a history going back to the 1961 when Larry Stark
organised the first meeting, in Boston. It is a meeting of people, from
different backgrounds, who have a common interest in the pupil of the eye.
There are not many of us, and so our meetings are generally small,
friendly, and relatively informal. We discuss any aspect of the pupil, from
its use in a clinical setting, providing information about the health of
the eye, to how its responses can be modelled mathematically.

We intend to follow a similar format to other recent Colloquia - arrive to
an evening reception on Friday 7th, and leave on Tuesday 11th. In this way
participants stay over Saturday night, and can consequently qualify for
lower air fares.

Further details, such as how to register for the meeting and how to submit
an abstract, will appear on the Pupil page
(http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists-p-t/pupil/files/) in due course.

Peter A. Howarth
Visual Ergonomics Research Group (VISERG)
Department of Human Sciences
Loughborough University
Leicestershire LE11 3TU
England