I have not seen a copy of this so do not know whether it would be helpful to you. I'm sending it FYI. Lilah
-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Joe <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 11:23 AM
Subject: [SpedTopics] IMPORTANT!

    FREE:
    Many seasoned teachers and counselors know that mothers of needy children are
    often victims of domestic abuse themselves. They typically minimize or
    outright deny how bad the situation is. For that reason, we have developed a
    checklist to help victims gently move through denial and begin to accept
    help. Too often, women who graduate from shelters, for example, return to the
    same abuser or go to a worse predator. They think they deserve no more. This
    instrument is aimed at breaking the cycle and beginning a journey to
    empowerment. Free review copy via email request. Includes new test for secret
    child abuse, the first that children can answer without fear of retaliation.
    Please specify which instruments you would like to see. We serve other groups
    with other free offers. [log in to unmask]
    Heyward Bruce Ewart, Ph.D.
    High Risk Action Council