Dear Andrew,
I am sorry I cannot provide what you wish for but I would
like to be kept in touch with any info you get. My
involvement is with a project for types of care within EU
for people with autism. I have a real concern about the
issue sfor people with autism about how they are or are not
involved (disenfranchised) from effective particiaption in
their services. Clearly there are intra-personal factors
which could be perceived to have a bearing on this but I do
not believe there is no way to make significant change to
this over time. People will need support and acces to a
larger voice - hence my interest in the results of your
query.
The only information I have gleaned about disability in
europe is from Munday and Ely 'Social Care in Europe'which
provides an overview of the formal structures.
Jim Wood

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000 12:26:06 +0200
Andrew Azzopardi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear list members,
>
> Thanks for bothering to read this mail.  I am currently reading a Masters at the University of Sheffield.  I would like to ask list members whether they can guide me to;
> 1.  a site or a book that gives a detailed outline of the development of disability politics in Europe;
> 2.  how could one define 'disability movement';
> 3.  what are the points of contention and those of convergence between disabled people activists and parents (of disabled people) activists.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Azzopardi

Jim Wood
University of Exeter