If someone else has covered this, forgive me. I just returned from a two
week tour of early Jewish and early Christian sites in western Turkey, and
am frantically playing catch up.

Judas as twin of Jesus is an important theme in some early Christian
circles, but the Judas in question is not the betrayer, but Judas Didymus
Thomas (Didymus [Greek] = "twin" = Thomas [Aramaic]). The apostle/disciple
popularly known as Thomas seems to have been named Judah/Judas (one of
several by that name), and the tradition about him makes him a "twin" in
some sense of Jesus. See especially the "Acts of Thomas," and discussions
of the opening lines of the Nag Hammadi Coptic "Gospel of Thomas." In the
Acts of Thomas, there is even a passage that says something like "we both
nursed at the same breast."

Bob Kraft, UPenn