Dear All

I understand that the region around Stoupa in the Greek Peloponnese has seen coal mining activity. Apparently one Alexis Zorbas (the inspiration for Nikos Kasantzakis' character Zorba the Greek) was a coal mine supervisor in Pastrova near the aforementioned village of Stoupa?

I will shortly be visiting the Peloponnese, consequently any information regarding local IA activity/sites in the Stoupa region will be gratefully received.

Having been brought up close to the sea, beaches are easily pushed into second place by pit mounts and winding engines - if these are features of this coalfield!

Regards

Paul.