Among Judson's sources, Henley in *Spenser in Ireland* says a fair amount
about E. Boyle.  It's very little, but see also Maley, *A Spenser
Chronology* 61-2.

Though skipping the Spenser connection, Nicholas Canny discusses the family
marriage-patronage network of the Boyles in fascinating detail, in *The
Upstart Earl: A study of the social and mental world of Richard Boyle first
Earl of Cork, 1566-1643* (1982), esp. pp. 43ff:

"The births, marriages and deaths of remote as well as close relatives were
also dutifully recorded in Cork's diary, and anybody who could establish a
blood relationship was assured of preference for any patronage that was in
Cork's dispensation."  (45)

Ergo, is Spenser mentioned in Cork's diary?

Also interesting, Boyle gave his ten-year-old daughter Mary a copy of
Sidney's *Arcadia*, and yet was afraid of the "corrupting influence of
romantic literature" on his young women relatives (Canny 87).  Poor cousin
Elizabeth!

--Tom Herron