From: [log in to unmask]>Michele Moriarty-Jones
To: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2000 12:17 PM
Subject: kipling's poem "Ulster 1912"

Dear Mr. Smith,

I have just found your website.

I am a mature student and I have a history exam in a few days time.  Part of our exam involves a pre-seen document analysis.  We have been given four documents and have to select one to analyse in detail.  One of them is Kipling's poem "Ulster 1912".

Would you be able to help me make sense of it?  I know the general picture is about the fear of Home Rule to Ireland and that Mr. Kipling was a staunch Imperialist.

I am, no doubt, being very cheeky, but if you don't ask;;;?

If you can help I would be most grateful.

Regards.

Michele Jones (Ms.)