Hi.
I have tried to keep out of this debate but it is too hard not to respond,
so for those of you who wish to move on please accept my apologies and
indulge me this one response. I am a fairly new list member (and quite a shy
one!) who until now has enjoyed the various debates/discussions but found it
hard to join in.
I find it rather sad that something so little can occupy so many minds for
such a long time. It has been my misfortune to have been on the receiving
end of abuse by this male appendage for many years of my life and as a
result have lived with the damage and the consequences, so I have never
experienced this "envy" that is so often talked about - only fear. Yet I
have friends who have experienced great pleasure from it and whilst not
exactly envying their male partners, appreciate the compatibility it can
bring with them. Like everything else, in the 'right hands', so to speak and
used for what nature and God intended, it is a source of great joy and love
and continued life. In the 'wrong hands', it is a weapon which can produce
fear and destroy. I hope I haven't said too much.
Thank you for your forbearance.
Annie.