Hello Stewart,

Good points you have made there and it takes a REAL professional to see
where they need "filling in gaps". I think we, as professionals, should be
motivated to learn and improve for our own sakes - that, as I understand, is
the difference between a professional and a technician.  I recall learning
the definitions of P & T many, many years ago in my post graduate course and
it stuck in my mind.

the other aspect is that we may become more efficient and have better
outcomes when we continue our learning - look at the core stability stuff
which has been the flavour of the month for months now. the views on
training that, has changed with new evidence and further insight.

I remember when they introduced compulsory seat belt legislation here in
Australia, initially, I was very annoyed that someone should dictate to me
what I did in my car but having thought about it and studied the reasons for
it and the consequences of not participating, it was clear to me there was
definitely a benefit. Now i feel uncomfortable if I ride in a car without a
seatbelt on. Perhaps that is what we should be aiming for - a "can't do
without it attitude"!

Regards,

Anna.