From: alex pollock <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Stroke Rehabilitation Trials
Date: 08 May 2000 15:37

Do you know of any unpublished or on-going trials of different
physiotherapy "approaches" to stroke rehabilitation?  (e.g. trials of
"Bobath" approach versus "Motor Learning";  "PNF" versus "standard PT"
etc).

If you are / have been involved in such a trial, or if you know of any such
unpublished or ongoing trials, I would appreciate it if you could send me
details of this work.

I am seeking such unpublished / ongoing trials as part of the Cochrane
Systematic Review which I am currently carrying out.  This systematic
review is entitled "Physiotherapy for the recovery of postural control and
lower limb function  following stroke".  The objective of this systematic
review is "to determine if there is a difference in the recovery of
postural control and lower limb function in patients with stroke if
physiotherapy treatment is based on orthopaedic or neurophysiological or
motor learning principles, or on a mixture of these treatment principles."
The full protocol of this review is published on the Cochrane Library.

Thank-you for your assistance.

Dr Alex Pollock MCSP
Research Physiotherapist
Stroke Therapy Evaluation Programme