Actually, the whole experience left a bit of a sour
taste that was still there when I last visited Silos in
1998. Two of the monks there confirmed what had been
published in various places. Lack of business experience
and some bad advice yielded very little money to the
monks and much disruption of their monastic routine. The
money all went to other entities than the monks of
Silos.

Quoting Elizabeth Parker McLachlan

> An even greater irony is that the community received a
lump sum payment and
> did not profit from royalties, as I learned from a
former monk who was the
> "s" singer for the record.  Elizabeth McLachlan, Art
History, Rutgers.

This mail sent through IMP: http://www.worldinter.net/webmail/imp/