Dear learned ones-  since my queries to this list have in the past been so
generously answered, I shall try again.

I am interested in any and all liturgical prayers which begin with the
words *o martyr desiderio*.  As I mentioned in an earlier missive on the
origins of the crucisignatus, I am working on the correspondences between
the 14th c. Franciscan office of Saint Louis of France and Julian of
Speyer's 13th c. office to Francis (of which there are many).  According
to Andrew Hughes' electronic database of saints' offices this line is
unique to these two saints, with the exception of a later office (15th
c) to Augustine.  But, as expansive as Hughes' database is, it still
represents only one fraction of medieval liturgy.  I have also checked the
modern index to the Analecta Hymnica (which confirmed but did not expand
on the results from Hughes' database).

So my question is, can anybody tell me anything about the use of "o martyr
desiderio", liturgically or otherwise.

many many thanks in advance.
cecilia gaposchkin