This message has been circulated to University librarians.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:49:19 +0100
From: Pauline Ford <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: "Gentry, Paul" <[log in to unmask]>,
Subject: Sale of Royal Statistical Society's books

I have been asked to draw this to the attention of University
librarians.  Please reply to [log in to unmask]

Sale of Books, Periodicals and Other Materials

As part of the development of the Royal Statistical Society's historical
book collection the Society is currently selling a number of books,
pamphlets, periodicals and other materials including conference proceedings
and various reports.

The books and periodicals for sale range in publication date from 1860 to
1980 and although many have a statistical or mathematical content, the books
and periodicals cover a wide variety of subjects not obviously connected
with the Society.  A provisional list of books and periodicals for sale can
be viewed on the Society's website at www.rss.org.uk/about/disposal.html.
Although a number of the books listed have now been sold, all of the
periodicals are currently still available.

The books and other materials are currently held in a storage unit in
Whitechapel, East London - if you wish to make an appointment to view and
purchase any of them please contact me as below.  Unfortunately we are
working to a tight deadline and the bulk of the material will need to
removed from the unit by 16 June at the latest.

Paul Gentry
Administrative Officer
Royal Statistical Society
020 7638 8998