All those who monitor Community press releases daily on Rapid may have
become aware that they sometimes miss some releases. If you check the
'Latest documents' around noon each day (UK time), immediately after the
daily update, you won't ever see the releases that are put out later that
day and are then removed from 'Latest documents' before the next day's
update.  Here is the explanation from the Rapid team:

"As a general rule, the RAPID data base is automatically updated at
12h30/13H00 each day with the press releases distributed to the press at the
12h00 meeting.

However, the Spokesmen are starting to regularly send out press releases by
"Emergency procedure" to the journalists in the afternoon.  When this
happens, we update the system again.  If a note goes out by E-mail to the
journalists very late in the evening or during a weekend, we shall put it
onto RAPID either the morning after or first thing on a Monday morning.

I'm afraid there is no particular time when we update in the afternoon - the
secretaries warn us that a note has gone out to the Agencies by E-mail and
we are asked to place it straight away on RAPID."

So the safest way of ensuring comprehensive monitoring is always to check
yesterday's releases as well as today's.

Regards,

Chris Lamb
Documentation Officer
Technical Assistance Office