Dear All,

As part on an ongoing project, I have in mind a small exercise. My intention
is to 'map; the various definitions of skills which we in academia try to
develop and assess in students. There are obviously the QCA key skills, and
the City and Guilds have there own series, for accreditation of their
licentiate. But increasing I am finding in research and conversation that
many universities have their own set, either as a pan-university skills
project, or even embedded within a single course or school or perhaps even a
module/unit particulalrly placement units.

What I would like from list members, if possible, is a schedule of the
skills, down to performance criteria level, if appropriate (range statements
and evidence specs are not necessary) and an indication of where they are
used, throughoutr the university, within a particular course, or more
specifically as part of a module. I am particulalrly intersted in the
assessment of placement and work based learning, and schedules of the skills
used in these units, in whatever discipline would be very welcome.

The output is most likley to be a simple spread sheet (MS Excel no doubt)
and I would be happy to forward this to all contributors, or even post it
back to the list, once complete.

Thaks in advance

Ian Burton
Research Manager
Built Environment Education Development Services
Room E420, Edge Building
University of Central England
Perry Barr
Birmingham