Yes Thank you -- I have both those books and know the people involved
who edited them. The Sorensen book came out just as I was bringing the
'Garrod manuscripts' to light. My research on Garrod, which was
mentioned by Sorensen, has now been published in the March Antiquity.

Julia (Newport), Jane (UCL), and myself (Cambridge) would like to have a
list of people who are actively working on the history of archaeology (as
well as the history of women in archaeology). We are aware of the existing
secondary sources. Rather than  making yet another list of the  published
literature, we are more interested in contacting others who are
also currently involved in this type of  research.

Julia's research focuses
on women in early 20th century British archaeology. My publications
discuss the history of Canadian archaeology as well as the history of
British 20th century prehistory. Jane works on the history of
Western Asia archaeology.

Is there anybody else out there doing this type
of research??

We would especially like to  contact people  who are recording oral
history.

Thanks!

Best wishes to all,

Pamela