>From: "Stuart Pinborough" <[log in to unmask]>
>To: <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:56:08 +0100
>
>Hi list.
>I was wondering if anybody on the list had any information ref becoming a
>medic on a rig. I am currently a paramedic working for an nhs trust.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Stuart Pinborough

yeh stuart
i am an offshore medic working in the north sea
you need to be a qualified medic to work in the north sea
if you want to work else where qualifications vary
paramedics can do the offshore medics "ticket"
but the people who train you may not inform you that paramedics have a tough
time getting work in uk waters
tons of stuff abroad tho if your keen,and your luck is in
there are a few agencies that train and employ medics such as rgit and
liberty occupational health,both based in aberdeen and the north sea medical
centre in gt yarmouth.loads of agencies, bucketloads in fact
training doesn't come cheap but the rewards can be great.....if your lucks
in.
if i can be of any help please dont hesitate to contact me
gavin parry