Dear colleagues,

At my German university I am currently teaching a GT course in English.
Since usually I offer these courses in German, I am more or less well
equipped with sample data in German language, however, I do not have the
stuff I need in English.

I'd like to demonstrate and practice those initial steps of GT-guided data
analysis, that is, open coding, dimensionalization, theoretical sampling,
axial coding. What I have is some very specialized English interviews. For
absolute beginners like for those in my course I would prefer to start with
observation protocols of whatever social processes. I think it is easier to
code for context, conditions, strategies and the lot if your data actually
describes the 'real' process rather than reflexive statements on what
happened here and there.

Maybe some of you has (masked) observation protocols of processes like team
meetings, work processes, business bargaining or so that you could share
with me. I would not need a complete set of your data but just two or three
protocols/transcripts of interactions.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND THE FILES TO THE LIST! DO NOT HIT THE REPLY-BUTTON!!    :-))

Thanks in advance for your support in this teaching endeavor!

best regards

Joerg
Dr. Joerg Struebing * Free University of Berlin * Institute for Sociology *
Babelsberger Str. 14-16, D-10715 Berlin * Phone office ++49-30-85002-140 *
Fax office ++49-30-85002-138 * E-Mail: [log in to unmask] *
www: http://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~jstrueb/jshome/index.html *
Home: Lassallestr. 19, D-34119 Kassel, Phone: ++49-561-7391363