Hiro:

Has he had any recent dx work up. x-rays, MRI etc.?

He is likely to have severe spondylosis and possibly stenosis. The C2 fracture
could have resulted in pronounced changes at C1-C2 and C2-C3 none of which can
be appreciated without imaging. Without a very good idea of what is going on at
C1-C4 I would generally stay away from these segments during treatment. You may
want to start distally with some gentle rotatory mobilizations of the upper
thoracic segments. I would have him worked up by a neurologist. It is never a
bad idea to have malpractice insurance (at least in the USA.)

Douglas M. White, PT, OCS
Physical Therapist, Consultant
191 Blue Hills Parkway
Milton, MA USA 02186