Once again, in honor of our List's esteemed music teachers, choir directors,
and organists, may we recall the life and works of:

The Venerable Franciscan Priest Christobal de Quiñones, son of this Province
of the Holy Gospel.

Fervent in the conversion of Pagans, he went to New Mexico, and learned the
language of the Queres, in which he was erudite, and baptized many Pagans…

He solicited music and organs for the Divine Worship.  Through his diligence
many Natives learned, and from their numbers came skillful singers for the
Divine Office.

Full of virtues and [good] works, he died in San Felipe, on the 27th of
April, the year 1609.

"Menologio Franciscano"
tr. Magister Levitatorum