One of my colleagues is planning to attend a performance of the Nativity in
London at the National Theatre (I think) and has asked me for background
information.  As usually happens when these questions come up, I find I'm
unable to fulfill my role as house medievalist.  Perhaps someone on the
list could help.  Is the play in question a performance of a particular
version of the Nativity, and is there a written text available?  Any
recommendations for books on the subject to which I could send her for
background?  (And yes, I might should read'em myself!)

Thanks,

Tom
F. Thomas Luongo
Assistant Professor