Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 03:06:50 +0100
From: Slowly <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [Bioethics] international notices at Halftheplanet.com
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi everyone.  there are a stack of diverse groups at this location.  I am
telling you about these two boards because I am involved in them.

please use either board, especially the activism board to recruit, publicise
or advertise your action / campaign (activism only please, all kinds
welcome) and educate.  good place to gather support for petitions
world-wide, etc when they get going and share ideas and discuss activism
generally.  come and get your issues up before it's overrun and hopefully
more support!

international Activism board in need of input:
Womens board (brand new only few days old)
both at:
http://www.halftheplanet.com/bboards.cfm

it's a huge new international disability site called www.halftheplanet.com .
its execs are mostly disabled people and says its going to be massive they
will have a huge advertising campaign.

Its trying to represent the whole of our very diverse community including us
radicals and are constantly actively looking for radical work if anyone has
stuff to submit (yeah really! unbelievable innit?) get in there they have
been literally headhunting!

their front page this week carries an article from US Direct activist Mike
Erving about sex and last week he had one about direct action which is
probably still up there as well.  they also commissioned an article from me
a while back.

I am telling you all this because I agreed to administrate the Activism
board and the Women's one whilst their politics seems pretty good (if we
don't put in we got no chance of that staying).  Its mostly American input
so their language use is slightly different to the political language we use
in the UK and don't expect no medial stuff at all but there's plenty of
choice and balance.

get your notices up there and lets use the power of this tool and make sure
a place which will be big influential does not get dragged into only the
medical model, get in and stay in, make sure we are represented in all our
diverse beliefs - and recruit!    :o)

clair

Avoid the lines and visit avis.com for quick and easy online
reservations. Enjoy a compact car nationwide for only $29 a day!
Click here for more details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3011/2/_/661141/_/956109763/