kevin reese wrote:

> Dear All
>
> What is a frozen shoulder ?.  Regards Kevin Reese PT UK

Some of you with long memories may remember that about a yeaar ago I
posted a request on behalf of some staff in our department who were
looking at guidelines for frozen shoulder. I have also had one or two
enquiries since then as to progress.

The question, "What is a frozen shoulder", led to the eventual
abandonment of any attempt to put together guidelines. Even when we
narrowed it down to "supraspinatus tendinitis", "capsulitis" and other
structure-specific labels, there was still so much variation between
definitions that it was impossible to adequately compare trials and come
up with any conclusion as to current best practice.

I think it will be impossible to come up with the definitive best
practice in management of frozen shoulder etc etc until everyone is
agreed on a common definition. Does anyone know if there are any working
parties looking at internationally agreed definitions, or are we always
going to be in the dark ages?

Regards,

Carol David