Dear listmembers:

    I am sending this both to Medieval Religion and Medieval Art lists, being not sure where the original query arose.

    Consulting a back issue of _The Art  Bulletin_ I came across a woodcut by Cornelis Anthonisz entitled "The Good Shepherd as Friend of Sinners", 1540, Oxford Ashmolean Museum. It can be of interest to the person who -some months ago- asked for examples of the G. S. which could be related to one carving at -if I remember well- Gante.

    Here you are the full reference:

    Grace A. H. Vlam, "The Calling of Saint Matthew in 16th-Century Flemish Painting", ABull, LIX/4 (Dec. 1977), pp. 561-70, fig. 2.

    With my best regards

    Carlos