>Did Plummer ever publish an English translation of the Vitae Sanctorum
>Hiberniae?  If Plummer did not, has anyone else published a translation?
>
>Charles Skallerud

No, Plummer did not, nor has anyone else to my knowledge, either of
the vitae Plummer published, or of the other vitae from the great
collections [see also William Heist's edition of the Vitae Sanctorum
Hiberniae (Brussels, 1965)].  If you're lucky, you might be able to
find the odd vita here or there in translation and before too long, I
hope, the Vitae Sanctarum Hiberniae should be published in English.
You're probably familiar with Plummer's Bethada Náem nÉrenn (2 vols.
Oxford, 1922-- sometimes entitled the Lives of the Irish Saints), the
Irish Lives of the Saints, translated into English in vol II.  It
offers a much smaller selection than the VSH, but there's quite a bit
of overlap with the VSH, so it's not a bad place to start and copies
of the BNE are pretty easy to come by.

Maeve