This raises a very interesting question about just how different
psychologically we are - if at all - from folks in different ages.
Psychology was "invented" recently, but the psyche wasn't. Weren't
acedia and tristitia forms of the "blues," or depression?
I hope this comment doesn't start a riot... I've already caused enough
trouble!
I've also responded to Maeve's comments and I assume my response will
reach you too.
Best,
Kathryn