Can anyone point me to some critical appraisals of Howlett's formatting of
the Latin of Patrick's Confessions and Coroticus?   I have tried something
like this on other texts with mixed results.  Howlett's text seems a little
too busy.  I've tried changing font color which may be a little less
intrusive.  Of course I am also curious to know how scholars have reacted to
Howlett's belief (if I understand him) that Patrick had an elaborate
literary design in his writing.  On a different level I am curious to know
how some of you reacted to the new TV movie: Saint Patrick the Irish Legend.

Charles Skallerud