Greetings all,

Apologies in advance: the following is terribly anecdotal for this academic newsgroup. Having learned just this week that a wheelchair-using Barbie clone existed, I was interested to find that the latest issue of 'Barbie' magazine (21 March 2000, issue no.35) has as its feature story "Three Cheers For Becky" (she coaches the victorious cheer-leading team). There she is in her glittery red wheelchair, sporting a succession of trousered outfts ( no mini-skirts). One scene is photographed in Barbie's house, very wide front door in background, but not all is perfect as there is a step down from the door to the living room.  The magazine's other story has Stacie (a smaller version of Barbie? Barbie's little sister?) at the Guide Dog Training School, training a labrador, complete with passable imitation of a harness, to be a guide dog. If anyone would like this little gem, let me know. I'd be happy to pass it on once my four year old daughter's thirty second concentration span has flitted on to something else...

Gail Eva