Hi all,

Interesting topic all the same, whether this guy should have spoken out.
(whether he was supposed to be on stage or not)

If a disabled person is faced with this kind of oppression does he have to
say something ? Using this guy as an example, he may have thought about it,
but not wanted to spoil his evening. The guy may often speak up about these
things but felt that this was not the time for him, although perfect for
getting this kind of message across to many people. Is that wrong ?

Often, disabled people are faced with many decisions like this in everyday
life. To speak up may not always be appropriate to the situation and his
personal and professional life, and can become tiring.

Furthermore, he may not recognise himself in the same political way as the
people on this list. I don't think it is fair to get angry at him as an
individual for not speaking out. Is it his fault for not knowing the social
model or, as argued many times, is this not the fault of the context that
shaped his thoughts about disablity ?

Do people on this list always speak out ?

Just some thoughts.

Glenn.