In message <[log in to unmask]>, John Belstead
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>To write down what the patient said to you is a guaranteed way to end up in
>Court if only to confirm that this is only hearsay evidence.  Great if you
>like spending all day sitting in corridors outside courts.  I always teach
>my SHOs to write nothing about what was said but only what they themselves
>saw.  Only one fourteenth of the SHOs get to court with that system but
>most of them seem to prefer it that way!
>
>John Belstead
Quite right. The matter of hearsay is the crux of the issue. I have just
had my ear bent by the wife (Doctor turned Lawyer) on the matter. My
problem is that individual police are continually reinventing the
criminal justice rules. What will do for one station will not do for
another and seems to be down to the interpretion of individual PCs and
DCs.

Evidence based policing. Thats what I want!

My intention is to obtain a copy of the agreement and stick to it.
--
Stephen Hughes SpR Harlow and Newham